Why You Should Join Our Award-Winning Chapter
NAMIC-Virginia helps facilitate the personal and professional development of its more than 3,000 industry professionals from entry-level to the C-Suite and every level in between.
- 2018 Marketing Excellence award
- 2018 Event Management award
- 2018 Chapter of the Year award
Areas We Serve
- Hampton Roads
- Southside (Portsmouth, Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake & Suffolk)
- Peninsula (Hampton, Williamsburg & Newport News)
We are on a mission to educate, advocate and empower for multi-ethnic diversity in the communications industry.
Founded in 1980, NAMIC is the premier organization that educates, advocates and empowers for multi-ethnic diversity in the communications industry.
- To be a resource for multi-ethnic Communications professionals to explore and develop skills to succeed in the media and entertainment industry.
- Showcase multi-ethnic influential professionals in the communications field.
- Organize events/seminars to serve as a platform for learning, networking, and recruiting diverse talent in the media/entertainment community.
- Provide leadership and business & strategic management development opportunities to volunteers.
- Encourage mentoring opportunities formally through the L. Patrick Mellon Mentorship Program and informal mentoring through chapter relationships.